Victor Ramos was born in Los Angeles, California. Inspired by his father, he started making images from about when he was 8 years old. Victor was for the most part self taught and mastered black and white and color developing and printing in the analog days. His professional background is in computer science and so it was a natural progression to digital photography from analog as the discipline and industry evolved.
Victor has had several one person exhibits as well as several group exhibits with fine art, portraiture, architecture and street photography themes. Some of his work has sold through the Duncan Miller Gallery Daily Photograph site. He has also been published and featured in Digital Photo Pro, PC Photo Magazine, aPhotoBlog and Lenscratch blogs.
Victor is a member of the Los Angeles Center of Photography where he has studied with Aline Smithson, Julia Dean, Ibaronex Parello, Peter Bennett, Matt Stuart, Partick Alt and many other world class photographers.
Victor lives and works in Los Angeles when he is not on a walk-about in some far away locale.
CV - Resume
· 4+ decades of shooting, developing and printing in analog and digital media
· Photography workshop with Patrick Alt
· Shooting with Intention with Aline Smithson
· Street Photography with Ibaronix Parello
· Los Angeles River Photo Workshop with Peter Bennet
· The Next Step and Personal Project with Aline Smithson
· Street Photography with Matt Stuart
· Street Photography with Julia Dean
· Travel Photography, solo show, Penelope’s Gallery and Bookstore, La Canada, CA2013
· Travel Photography exhibit, solo show, Anacapa Brewery and Gallery, Ventura, CA 2014
· “Saturday Afternoon”, The Portrait group contest, juried by Art Strieber, Los Angeles Center of Photography, 2015
· “Blood Moon Rises”, featured photograph, Your Daily Photograph, Duncan Miller Gallery, 2015
· “Portrait of a Young Man”, The Face contest, finalist, Digital Photo Pro Magazine, 2015
· “The Stalker”, Street Photography Around the Globe group contest juried by Matt Stuart, Los Angeles Center of Photography, 2016
· “In The Future”, Fine Art Photography Project, group exhibit, Los Angeles Center of Photography, 2016.
· “In The Future”, Fine Art Photography Project, featured in aPhotoEditor blog by Jonanthan Blaustein, 2016.
· “Half Dome Illuminated by the Stars”, featured photograph (sold), Your Daily Photograph, Duncan Miller Gallery, 2017.
· Tutoring at the Boyle Heights Boys and Girls Club, Los Angeles, CA., with Julia Dean.
· Workshops on matting and framing.
· Teaching Assistant, Street Photography 1, Los Angeles Center of Photography, Julia Dean instructor.
“Archival Storage for Large Photographs”, Article in PC Photo Magazine, Dec 2004
Member – Los Angeles Center of Photography
Member – Photochromers of Pasadena Photography Club
Member S4C – Photography Association of Southern California